EU Digital Autumn School on Protection of Public Spaces 2021
The European Commission is organizing the second EU Digital Autumn School, which will offer specialized workshops on a broad spectrum of topics related to the protection of public spaces.
The programme of the 2021 school includes the possibility for stakeholders to offer digital workshops of interest to the protection of public spaces community. These workshops can cover any topic related to the protection of public spaces and can be up to 2 hours long (or shorter). They can target all or a selected group of the School participants, who will include public authorities and private operators involved in urban security, law enforcement, public transport, mass events, hospitality, places of worship or commerce. The workshops can be openly accessible or restricted depending on the sensitivity of information presented.
Timeslots for the workshops: from 14:30 to 16:30 hrs on the following dates:
- 23 September 2021: topics related to financing instruments and risk assessment
- 30 September 2021: topics related to security by design and blast protection principles.
- 7 October 2021: topics related to hostile vehicle protection
- 14 October 2021: topics related to UAS protection and other subjects
- 21 October 2021: presentations of projects related to the protection of public spaces
Short presentations (10-15 minutes) of particular case studies, project results or new scientific development are also welcome.
If you are interested to offer such a workshop or presentation, please send an email to JRC-PUBLIC-SPACES@ec.europa.eu with the following information: Title, short abstract, proposed length of the workshop/presentation, maximum number of attendees (if any), further requirements.