4th European Conference on Domestic Violence ONLINE
Following the success of the previous European Conferences on Domestic Violence, held in Belfast in 2015, Porto in 2017 and Oslo 2019, the Fourth European Conference on Domestic Violence (ECDV) will be held from 13th to 15th September 2021 ONLINE and hosted by the University Ljubljana.
The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers, academics, students, professionals, practitioners and policy-makers from Europe to share and further develop knowledge and experience on a wide range of issues concerning domestic violence. The European Conference on Domestic Violence is designed to provide an opportunity for practitioners, policy makers and researchers to come together and aiming at:
- better understanding and raising awareness of domestic violence and its impact on individuals and society
- sharing critical and valid research findings and practical developments from across Europe and beyond and discussing the implications for policies and practices
- promoting the evidence based policy and practice developments related to domestic violence
- encouraging good practice by facilitating networking and resourcing between participants from different areas of knowledge and expertise
- enlarging research and practice networks and further developing methods and tools on preventing and combating domestic violence
The ECDV views domestic violence as encompassing a range of different types of gender-based violence and abuse, among others including intimate partner violence, stalking, honour-based violence and elderly abuse. The conference is rooted in an ecological understanding of domestic violence but primarily recognising gender as a significant factor both causing and sustaining abuse and violence. We hope that the conference contributes to building bridges between different perspectives, disciplines, and areas of expertise in the field of domestic violence.
The conference will take place online, September 13th - 15th 2021.