Final CCI Conference: Designing Security Futures
Designing Security Futures explores and discusses the results of the Cutting Crime Impact (CCI) project with presentations of the eight Tools developed by LEA project partners. Designing Security Futures addresses security policy at the EU, state and local levels, introducing a new and extended European Security Model.
Designing Security Futures attendees will learn about adopting a human-centred innovation approach in the security context. This event will include presentations, discussions and workshops exploring human-centred approaches to innovating security solutions and ways of integrating different strategies across EU contexts.
Speakers will explore how the approach:
- Enables problem framing – so the right problem is being tackled
- Ensures feasibility – so solutions perform as intended
- Improves implementation – so solutions suit the identified user group and context — be they police officers, policymakers or citizens.
Policy papers will be launched in four areas:
- Predictive Policing
- Community Policing
- Crime Prevention through Urban Design & Planning (CP-UDP)
- Citizens' feelings of insecurity.
The conference will be held on Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 November 2021 at Le Bouche à Oreille, in the heart of Brussels.