2018 CEMR Conference on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
CEMR brings together more than 130,000 municipalities, cities and regions federated through 60 national associations from more than 40 European countries. It therefore constitutes the most representative association of local and regional governments in Europe.
CEMR promotes the construction of a united, peaceful and democratic Europe founded upon local self-government and respect for the principle of subsidiarity. The 2018 conference is dedicated to inclusion and diversity and follows the slogan "Differences unite us!"
Who should attend?
- Local and regional representatives and administrators who work in the fields of equality, diversity & inclusion
- Experts, civil society organisations and academics
- Representatives of international organisations and networks
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are vital to develop attractive communities and enhance the well-being and quality of life of all citizens.
- The 2018 CEMR Conference on equality, diversity and inclusion is the place to discover how to build communities that value everyone, communities that unleash the full potential of their population.
What will be discussed?
- How to make equality, diversity and inclusion flourish at local level. From the equality of women and men to citizen participation, from LGBT+ rights to migrant integration.
- We will explore how Europe’s towns and regions can move towards more diverse, equal and inclusive societies, in which all inhabitants feel at home.
- Among the topics at hand, we will discuss human rights, public management and services, employment, intersectional discrimination, the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the European Charter for Equality of Women and Men in Local Life.
Early bird registration closes at the 5th of March.More information and registration