Virtual Conference: Community Safety in the midst of a global pandemic - who are we leaving behind?
The Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention’s 2021 virtual conference aims to support urban and rural municipalities, Indigenous communities, agencies, groups, and individuals in their efforts to prevent crime and increase community safety in the communities and neighbourhoods in which they work, live, learn, or play.
The 2021 Conference will examine several topical and leading-edge questions designed to inspire and provoke conversation in creating safe communities across Canada:
- What does “safety” mean and for whom?
- What are the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on community safety?
- What is the role of community safety practitioners in advancing equity and diversity?
- How does addressing systemic issues, such as racism and oppression, as well as advancing social justice and equity increase community safety communities?
- How can communities take action against hate and violent extremism?
The conference will also provide participants with opportunities to expand and deepen their knowledge and skills through sessions and workshops in crime prevention and community safety and connect to other practitioners through networking and coaching.
The virtual event will take place October, 4-6.