The DPT-institute for applied prevention research (dpt-i) promotes the dialogue between prevention research, practice and politics.
Major tasks of the dpt-i are:
- Intensification of the dialogue between science, politics, administration, organizations and civil society on the results of prevention research with the aim of a stronger foundation of knowledge in the field of prevention
- Cooperation with other scientific institutions in order to implement research projects with a practical orientation
- Consulting of the German Congress on Crime Prevention and its partner organizations concerning the results and present situation of prevention research
- Implementation of research projects with the perspective of a practical application of research results
Projects and Collaborations
The following projects and collaborations are currently in progress at the dpt-i:
- International Conference: "Building an evidence-base for the prevention of radicalization and violent extremism" in Cooperation with the National Center for Crime Prevention (NZK)
- The online portal for professionals Preventive Support for Integration Initiatives pufii.de in collaboration with the Crime Prevention Council of Lower Saxony and the German-European Forum for Urban Security
- Series of webinars on the topic of prevention of radicalization in collaboration with the Radicalization Awareness Network (RAN)
- Symposion “25 Jahre Gewaltprävention im vereinten Deutschland” in collaboration with the Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin.
- Task force Stiftungen ProPrävention
- EUSPR-Conference in Berlin