International Symposium: Tackling Gender-Based Violence in Europe
This International Symposium will provide a timely opportunity to analyse the available instruments and the existing challenges in shaping a truly comprehensive and holistic strategy for tackling gender-based violence in the EU. It will also support the exchange of ideas and encourage delegates to engage in thought-provoking and topical debate with local and regional practitioners and policy makers at EU level.
- Examine the current legislative framework for tackling gender-based violence and discuss the consequences of EU accession to the Convention of Istanbul
- Evaluate concrete actions carried out by the EU institutions to eradicate all forms of violence against women and girls and reduce gender inequalities
- Understand emerging forms of online gender-based violence and abuse
- Discover sustainable solutions, preventative measures, and methods for successful public engagement and awareness raising
- Discuss methods to successfully target offenders and securing prosecution
- Share ideas on holistic strategies for empowering and protecting victims of gender-based violence in social and public spaces
- Explore examples of best practice and models of intervention to protect women with specific vulnerabilities
The symposium takes place February 20th in Brussels.